Feb 28, 2018
Ep. 5. "Lonely Girl" is the fourth track off of John's favorite Post-Pinkerton album. In today's episode, we learn about the song, the ambitious album it premiered on, and the Japanse language project Scott & Rivers.
2. "Homely Girl" on Apple Music |
Feb 21, 2018
Ep. 4. "Modern Dukes" is the first track off of an unofficial Weezer album known as Summer Songs 2000. In today's episode, we learn about the history of SS2K and figure out why "Modern Dukes" and much of its SS2K brethren never made it to an official Weezer album.
Feb 14, 2018
Ep. 3. "Can't Stop Partying" is the fourth track on Weezer's 2009 album Raditude. It was co-written by Jermain Dupri and features a guest verse from Lil' Wayne. Join us as we explore the complicated history of one of the stranger songs of the Post-Pinkerton era.
1. Can't Stop Partying (Alone II version) on
Feb 7, 2018
Ep. 2. In today's episode, John talks about the Weezer B-Side "I Do" from the Green Album era.
1. "I Do" on YouTube
2. Weezer Live at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia (3/3/2001), featuring "I Do" at the top of the show
Feb 1, 2018
Ep. 1. Welcome to Post-Pinkerton! In today's debut episode, John introduces the show and examines "Acapulco," a Weezer demo from the Maladroit and Early Album 5 era of the band's work.
1. Puerta Vallarta (DC Demo) on YouTube
2. Acapulco (Maladroit Demo) on YouTube
3. Acapulco (Early Album 5 Sessions) on...